For many reasons, it’s always best to meet with a bankruptcy attorney as soon as possible. There are countless reasons why this is the best first step. But most importantly, an attorney has walked the road a thousand times, while this is your first and hopefully only time you will have to deal with bankruptcy. An attorney has the ability to determine whether you qualify, or what you need to do in order to qualify.
You may be in a situation where you don’t qualify currently. But there are a few deductions on the means test that may take you from not qualifying to qualifying, such as:
- Taking on a different health insurance plan with your employer causing a larger deduction,
- Purchasing a vehicle resulting in a larger deduction on the means test,
- Starting to give to charity and continuing that for at least a year,
- And more strategies that we can discuss in person.
You can’t meet with an attorney in the morning, change your expenses that afternoon, and then file the next day. You have to have a history of expenses. Thus, meeting with a bankruptcy attorney earlier can allow you to document and shape that history before you file.
Finding the Best Bankruptcy Attorney Near Me & What Questions to Ask
To find the best bankruptcy in your area, it can be helpful to keep this in mind:
- Look at consumer reviews. See what clients are saying about the client-lawyer relationship.
- Research the lawyer’s experience: length of time, practice areas, education.
- When you meet with the lawyer, do they make you feel comfortable?
- Do they answer your questions, and do they respond to your questions in a timely manner?
- If you send them an email, do they get back to you within 24 hours on business days, or do they ignore you?
What Sets My Firm Apart
What sets my firm apart from other firms is my own experience with debt, and my motivation to help my clients overcome it.
What’s more, I am an expert at determining whether my clients qualify to file for bankruptcy and helping them take action to qualify if they do not. I also help each client decide which chapter would be more beneficial for them based on their circumstances. I have a record of success and will fight to put you in the best position to receive a fresh start.
Should you choose to work with my firm for your bankruptcy needs, I will do everything possible to see that you have timely, thoughtful counsel through every step of your filing. This way, you can go through the bankruptcy process with as much clarity and ease as possible.
For more information on Bankruptcy Law in New York, a free initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (516) 200-3238 today.
If you have found yourself struggling financially and are unsureof what to do next or the best steps to take to begin remedyingthe situation. Call Us Now - (516) 200-3238